Friday, June 11, 2004

I use Gmail. But there are those who think "Gmail is too creepy" I think that part of the answer to any overly intrusive database is to spoof it. That's why all my shopper's club cards are under fake names. I'm still trying to get a store to give me I.P. Freely. Most of them are more realistic. What happens when they try to match the fake names and addresses up with other databases? All kinds of statistical anomalies. The more complex a system becomes the more vulnerable it is to manipulation that is outside of it's realm of consideration.

When it only takes a few keystrokes to create an entire alternate persona, it's hard not to create a bunch of fake identities. Even share them with others to create composite fake identities. Profiling becomes a lot more complicated when the people being profiled don't even exist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home